Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just Life Stuff

I’m sorry I haven’t posted any thing new lately. Work and life has me a little busy and it’s been a little difficult to focus on a topic. I do have a couple things written up to post on American history and a something on Scottish Independence. I just haven’t had time.

I work in for a construction company and my job is to bid work and try to get us work. Construction is really slow and we are about out of work. We have been getting under cut on our bids and not winning jobs but I know we are not alone I’ve heard this from others as well in different areas of construction.

I’ve been through tough times before but this is the worst I’ve seen. Our company has had layoffs and if things don’t change I maybe next. Thing is this is happening all over the industry so I probably will have a hard time finding a job.

So I should look at the positives. If I lose my job I’ll have 18 months of unemployment and I can keep my health insurance for 18 months. I’ll have more time to write and sometimes change of career can be a good thing.

There look I posted something. Funny how things work out.

UR

No comments: