Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Only a Game

USA Women’s Hockey Team took the Silver Medal at the Olympics today after their 2-0 lost to the Canadians. I congratulate Team USA on their Silver. They play a great game and should be proud of themselves. They played a very good Canadian team.

The thing I was disappointed with more than losing was Team USA’s sportsmanship after the game. Now I understand emotions are high and they’re coming down from the adrenaline but they could have been a little more gracious to the Canadian players and fans. I was stun to see our players standing like spoiled brats who couldn’t have their way. I was amazed that the Canadian fans began to chant “USA! USA! USA!” after Team USA received their medals and our women barley showed any appreciation. Then when the Canadians received their Gold medal Team USA stood dejected and looking miserable instead of being happy for the Canadian team and appreciating the Olympic spirit. A few of USA player tried to be respectful but most just seem to let themselves get to lost in the self-pity.

I was very disappointed in our team and the images that were being televised to me that showed America as sore loser to the world. Even though I’m sure it was more about our team being disappointed in themselves it comes off more as bad sportsmanship. They have to remember that they should show grace in losing, especially in the Olympics. I only hope that future USA teams remember what the Olympics are about and that when it is all said an done it’s just a game.

No comments: